So this entry will be about Qaem and myself's personal choices for wedding photography.. Apparently if you want the good ones you need to book them earlier to.. ( and I thought a year of planning is sufficient!)
On the bright side of it...My Uncle Teh is an avid photographer too but he's into scenery and he is in some association too.
His advice was
- Its your wedding day, go for a photog with a name, establishment. Yes there are a lot of talent out there..But you only have one wedding. You can't re-do a wedding.Hire a pro, as they don't want to mess up their name too. It might be pricey but it would be worth it.
- Analyse their previous work, and look for a photog that doesn't focus on just faces, the bouquet, finger photo ( u know those hearts lah, those frames bride and groom put fingers together)..
- Look for a photog that captures the moment with everything around to be the subject...
- Don't go for more than RM3500 for a package. ( nikah, sanding, tandang >> post/pre wed is complimentary usually).
- Be careful, for big names, make sure you get THAT NAME to do the clicking...not sending their juniors.
- Discuss lighting beforehand with photog. Let them have a good idea.
- Never sound desperate to them...make sure they know...there are plenty of other options.
- Its ok if they don't print a lot out...coz printing on your own is cheap too.